Deliah (“Dee”) Lawrence is a Maryland-based attorney, author, blogger and romance workshop facilitator who writes romantic suspense novels as well as poetry and short stories. Her debut novel, Gotta Let It Go, set in Baltimore, won the 2011 Finalist Next Generation Indie Book Award in the multi-cultural fiction category. Dee’s short stories have been featured in the Creatures, Crimes and Creativity 2013 and 2014 anthologies.
When Dee isn’t writing, you can find her reading a book, indulging in her addiction to investigative discovery shows or painting her yet-to-be exhibited oil artworks of landscapes, portraits or whatever else comes to her creative mind. Constantly on the go, Dee is also an active member of the Maryland Writers’ Association, Black Writers’ Guild of Maryland, Sisters in Crime and Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance. She is currently working on Gotta Get It Back (a sequel to her first book), scheduled for release in Fall 2017.
9 Interesting Things About Dee
- Dee is a 2009 graduate of the Howard County Police Department Citizens’ Police Academy.
- She is a Pro Bono Attorney (Expungement Clinic, Foreclosure Clinic) and contributing content editor for The Maryland People’s Law Library.
- She has closets full of belts, hats, and accessories for every occasion.
- Dee is a spicy food and sweet wine addict.
- Dee has a passion for travel and once climbed to the top of the Mayan ruins in Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico.
- She is a dancing fanatic and loses herself on the dance floor (Latin, Reggaeton, Hip Hop, African, and Indian).
- She is very creative with her hands (oil painting, crafts and Zentangle).
- She is a mentor and community volunteer.
- She enjoys listening to a wide range of music (classical, country, pop, house, and hip hop).